14.4.09

napervillians

I was sitting at a hair salon today getting an awful haircut (more on that later, I'm still nursing a migraine from the hairspray), and I was completely astonished by the overindulgence in this fucking suburb. To start off, everyone here is rich. My professors come to school on the Metra, while the students come in their BMWs. I don't get it. At all. Serving them is one hell of a mindfuck.. Anyway, as I'm sitting in my chair, the little girl next to me is getting EXTENSIONS put in. This kid could not have been more than 11 years old... and she was getting bleach blonde extensions. And as the hair stylist was talking to her, the girl mentioned her 5 American girl dolls. FIVE! One of those could feed a family of four for a good couple months. And the kid needs 5? I don't understand a community like this that can just throw money at everyone. It's a little jarring, especially when my parents are calling me every few days to say that we might lose the house. Arg.. now I need to find a way to fix this fucking Mrs. Brady haircut

No comments:

Post a Comment