1.4.09

i am a cognitive pariah

The new term has started. I hate first days. Going through the syllabus already dreading the assignments, not really talking to any of my classmates, and wondering if I'll get away with not participating... I'm already dreading my cognitive psychology class. It's supposed to be the most difficult class in the psychology department, but that's not what bothers me. It's the fact that I've become some sort of pariah.

No matter what I say in this class, I'm either ignored or thrown filthy looks. After an hour of this nonsense I went to the toilet to examine myself. Didn't smell. Nothing stuck to my face. Hair not terribly disheveled. wtf. There's literally almost nothing my classmates could judge me on. I'd never even seen most of them on campus. Yet I'm avoided like the plague.

Maybe I'll take advantage of this nonsensical prejudice and finally just speak my mind in a classroom. Rather than sitting in the back making snide comments to no one in particular, I'll speak up. What have I got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment